JOB RESUMES FOR 18 YEAR OLDS

If you are a high school graduate looking for jobs for 18 year olds, you need a resume to be able to compete. Even if you don’t have much or any job experience you need a resume and the sooner you start one the better.

When you are 15, 16, and maybe even 17 years old and looking for a job, it might not be necessary to have a resume (but it would still help). By the time you are 18 and a high school graduate though, employers are going to view you as an adult and want your resume. Once you turn 18 you can’t get away with being a child anymore and you have to do things the adult way.

There are many books in the library that can help you put together a good resume. Additionally, you can find lots of information online concerning what should and should not be in a resume and how you might organize it properly. There are probably also classes you can take at the local community college or somewhere similar that will help you learn everything.

You can also go online to have your resume professionally done here: Save $20 when you purchase a Resume and Cover Letter at ResumeEdge.com.

In old times (pre Internet) everyone had paper copies of thier resumes and either hand delivered them or sent them via the mail to prospective employers. While this can still be done today, most companies that are hiring 18 year olds are on the Internet and probably do most of their recruiting online. This makes it necessary for you to become familiar with some of the top online job search sites and submit your resume there.

Even if you don’t have a lot of work experience, you need to have a professional looking resume that you can post to these job search sites. If you haven’t had many jobs, make sure you list other accomplishments in your life that will help contribute the the total picture of who you are. At 18, most don’t have that much job experience but it is important to show that you are excited and willing to work and show that you have done something in the past.

Make sure you post your resume on as many of the free job web sites as you can so that you have as many feelers out as possible. Don’t get lazy and skip this step. If you are looking for jobs for 18 year olds, you are going to have to go the extra steps in this tough economic environment. Having a resume and distributing it everywhere is only one of your first steps towards getting that job.

8 comments:

1. gill, 16. October 2009, 1:32

hi, i m student studing in holmes college for my year 12. my age is just 18. i m good looking and honest boy. wanted any job after school…

2. mariah, 30. December 2009, 21:33

hi am a student at north high who wants a job

3. cecile, 13. January 2010, 19:29

hello im 18, a junior in need of a job to help the family on bills.

4. Kanesha, 1. February 2010, 20:07

hi im 18, a junior about to go out on my own who needs a job to pay for the bills and put food on the table.. looking for anykind of job..

5. Michaelangelo Nathan, 23. February 2010, 2:20

hello how are you doing ? my name is michaelangelo nathan im ,18 years old and a hard worker ready to work. Always on time and can work over time any time and need to be put to work asap so if you can give me a call at (313) 778-5675

6. Shalece Bloodsaw, 28. February 2010, 17:15

Hi, I am 18 years old. I live in Conyers, Ga . I have worked one voluntary job at an after school program with kids. I am a very smart and intelligent person. I am respectable, honest, outgoing person. I need a stable job. I can do anything with a little training. Can somebody please give me a job. I could be reached at 404-749-0501 or email me at shalecen@yahoo.com

7. Richard Sherrod, 23. March 2010, 19:57

My name is Richard Sherrod Jr i I’am 19 i have been looking for work for some time now. I’am good with my hands i can do any job with a little training. I will show up to work every day on time I have my own car. I will work hard very respectful in good with other people u can reach me at 901-598-3244 at any time day or night please someone send me to work.

8. Jacquelyn, 4. August 2011, 17:02

Hi I 18 and i was wondering if u can tell me how i can make a good resume and so i can get a job to that pays well so i can help my family with bills and payments